Monday, June 22, 2020

2020 Badwater 135-Mile Ultramarathon Race

Starting today, June 22, 2020, I will use this blog/website for the updates leading to the start of the 2020 Badwater 135-Mile Ultramarathon Race which will be held on July 6-8, 2020 at the Death Valley Park in California and being dubbed/tagged as the "Toughest Footrace In The World". 


                                                      National Colors Of The Participants
  
The following are the reasons why I will be doing this effort is because of the following: (1) I used the Badwater 135-Mile Ultramarathon Race Rules and Regulations and its Concept as my Guide in the yearly conduct of the Bataan Death March 102 & 160K Ultramarathon Races and my other Road Races under the Bald Runner's Events and the Philippine Association of Ultrarunners' (PAU) Events; (2) I was the first one to inform our local runners through this blog on the conduct of this event and I even went personally to the event's site and course to observe the said event and its runners; (3) I have been a member of a Support Crew and Pacer of a Local Runner-Participant in the event two years ago; (4) There are four (4)  Filipino Runners who will be joining this year's event; and lastly, (5) One of my latest ultrarunning inspirations/idols and Facebook friend Mike McKnight will be aiming to be the Champion of this year's edition and I will be monitoring his progress, the same with the other Filipino Runners.


                                        Race Bib For The Runners ("Faithful To The End")

This Ultramarathon is one of the running events that is NOT cancelled and through the latest updates by the Race Director on Facebook and in its website, it appears that it is a "GO" event despite the Covid-19 situation worldwide. Covid-19 Protocol Safety measures will be observed as more Waves of runners will be organized. This year's event, there will be 6-7 Waves of runners where each Wave of runner will start in every 30 minutes starting at 8:00 PM of July 6, 2020 at the Badwater Basin, Death Valley Park, California. In the past events, there were only three (3) Waves of runners. This increased number of Waves is a way to implement Social Distancing among the participants. 


                                                                  Race Bib For The Pacer

For this year's edition, there are 100 participants ready to start the race in Badwater Basin, Death Valley Park, California. I hope that our Local Participants will be able to join this event.

I will be posting the event's updates as soon as announcements will be published. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and for dropping by.

You Only Need These 4 Stretching Exercises After Running!

This is a video I made showing my most important and MUST-do stretching exercises every time I finish my running workout.  Thank you for wat...